info-gnustep

ANN: StepTalk 0.8.1

From: Stefan Urbanek
Subject: ANN: StepTalk 0.8.1
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2003 11:22:33 +0100

Hi all,

Because of GNUstep core releases, I have decided to create a small StepTalk
0.8.1 release too.

Please note, that the StepTalk homepage has been changed to
steptalk.agentfarms.net.

What is StepTalk?

GNUstep scripting framework. See http://steptalk.agentfarms.net

NEWS in 0.8.1

- Added STConversation object. Basically, it's a conversation with objects in
an environment using a scripting language. The reason for creating this clas
was to open a path for easier remote scripting where you can 'talk in a
conversation' with a remote DO server or application. However, this remote part
is just going to be implemented. See GNUstep Wiki pages for more information.
- Added ReadlineTranscript (Idea by Alexander Diemand + patch from David Ayers)
- Renamed, added and deprecated some STEnvironment methods. Methods were not
removed, NSLog warnings were added.

Get it here: http://steptalk.agentfarms.net/download.html

THANKS

Thanks to Alexander Diemand for his testing and comments.

FUTURE

I hope to solve the speed issue. In this release there is nothing new that is
related to the Smalltalk engine, however, work is being done (well, slowly).

Enjoy,

Stefan Urbanek
--
http://stefan.agentfarms.net

First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you
win.
- Mahatma Gandhi