info-gnustep

ANN: StepTalk 0.8.2

From: Stefan Urbanek
Subject: ANN: StepTalk 0.8.2
Date: Sun, 27 Jun 2004 23:04:25 +0200

Hi all,

This is just maintenance release of StepTalk with several small fixes. StepTalk
is still alive but it is looking for a new maintainer. I will guide anyone who
would like to do it. Moreover, I have several interesting ideas for the
StepTalk future... Feel free to contact me.

Please note, that the StepTalk homepage has been changed to the GNUstep pages:

    http://www.gnustep.org/experience/StepTalk.html

What is StepTalk?

GNUstep scripting framework. See http://www.gnustep.org/experience/StepTalk.html

NEWS in 0.8.2

    * Added examples:
        - Developer/StepUnit.st from Mateu Batle
        - awlaunch.sh from Frederico Munoz
    * Fixed and changed license to LGPL
    * Several fixes from Mateu Batle for the framework and Smalltalk bundle
    * Fixed bug with signed/unsigned bytecode in the Smalltalk bundle

Get it here:
    http://www.gnustep.org/experience/StepTalkDownload.html
    (it should appear there soon).

Or get it from from the GNUstep CVS, module StepTalk.

Required TODO

- OSX port
- rewrite Smalltalk interpreter (do not use bytecodes)

Enjoy,

Stefan Urbanek
--
http://stefan.agentfarms.net

First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you
win.
- Mahatma Gandhi