info-gnustep

[ANN] SOGo-0.9-20070713 released

From: Wolfgang Sourdeau
Subject: [ANN] SOGo-0.9-20070713 released
Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2007 10:49:51 -0400

Inverse team is happy to announce the pre-release 0.9-20070713 of Scalable
OpenGroupware.org (alias "SOGo").

[ Release 1.0 ]

SOGo has evolved a lot during this past year and we will soon be able to make a
release 1.0 of our project. Inverse groupe conseil invites you to test is
extensively and report bugs. Also, we would be glad to hear about your
experience, in particular if you are using it in a work environment. This way,
we will be able to provide a free groupware suite with enough functionalities
and ease of use that proprietary equivalents will be made obsolete.

[ What is SOGo ? ]

SOGo is a flavour of OGo that was redesigned for scalability while keeping the
fundamental functionalities of a groupware server. It can be used both as a Web
application with a user interface that integrates well with the Mozilla
application suite, or as a GroupDAV and CalDAV server which you can then access
from your native client application of choice such as Mozilla Thunderbird and
Lightning.

Inverse has contributed to SOGo many enhancements and features, such as :

- Fresh AJAX-based user interface which mimics the Thunderbird / Lighthing /
Sunbird look and feel while reducing resource usage
- Calendar, address book and IMAP folder sharing
- Exchange and Oracle Calendar-compatible ACLs
- Tasks support and vCard storage support for contacts
- Multiple address books per user and LDAP-based address books
- CalDAV support
- Auto-creation of database tables for an easier setup

[ SOGo on the Web ]

Screenshots of the Web interface for the calendar, address book and email
modules are available from :

http://www.inverse.ca/groupware/images/sogo-calendar.jpg
http://www.inverse.ca/groupware/images/sogo-contacts.jpg
http://www.inverse.ca/groupware/images/sogo-mail.jpg

and of the native interface provided by Mozilla Thunderbird and Lightning :

http://www.inverse.ca/groupware/images/thunderbird-calendar.jpg
http://www.inverse.ca/groupware/images/thunderbird-contacts.jpg
http://www.inverse.ca/groupware/images/thunderbird-mail.jpg

We now have a demo website where you can experience SOGo from the web or with
your preferred CalDAV client:

http://sogo-demo.inverse.ca/

Finally, you can also visit Inverse's website (http://inverse.ca) which
contains more information and videos about SOGo
(http://www.inverse.ca/contributions/sogo.html), our Thunderbird GroupDAV
plugin (http://www.inverse.ca/contributions/thunderbird_groupdav_plugin.html)
and our Lightning Enhancer plugin
(http://www.inverse.ca/contributions/lightning_enhancer_plugin.html).

[ Changes since the last release ]

- added the ability to specify a super user through the SOGoSuperUsername user
default;
- added the ability to view the message source;
- don't autocreate folders if we are not their owners;
- made compatible with PostgreSQL 8.2;
- the months and years menus of the date selector would no longer appear;
- fixed a bug which would produce task SQL records which would violate
non-null constraints on the quick calendar tables;
- the tasks due date was wrongly set because of a change in the API;
- it was impossible to empty the start and the due date in the task editor
from the moment they were set;
- imap folders with non-ascii characters are now correctly accessed;
- display the quotas of the selected mailbox on servers that support quotas;
- a bug in the folder acl description was preventing from accessing resources
in dav;
- AuthentificationMethod was renamed to SOGoAuthentificationMethod;
- SOGoAuthentificationMethod needs to be explicitly set to "bypass" to prevent
login verification;

[ Getting SOGo ]

SOGo is free software and is distributed under the GNU GPL. As such,
you are free to download and try it by either getting the newly
released snapshot from :

http://www.inverse.ca/uploads/SOGo/SOGo-20070713.tar.gz

or by getting the sources from the official SVN server :

http://svn.opengroupware.org/SOGo/inverse/trunk/

Documentation about the installation and configuration of SOGo is available
from :

http://www.inverse.ca/contributions/sogo/documentation.html

[ Getting support ]

For any questions, do not hesitate to contact us by writing an email to :
address@hidden

We are continuously working on the project and a full-featured release 1.0 is
to come very soon!