info-gnustep

ANN: DataBasin 0.1

From: Riccardo Mottola
Subject: ANN: DataBasin 0.1
Date: Fri, 25 Jun 2010 20:14:37 +0200

D A T A  B A S I N
------------------

I am pleased to announce the release of DataBasin 0.1.

-- What is it? --
It is a data access tool for Salesforce.com, it allows querying, deleting and inserting records. It accesses the APIs through the usage of web services.

Of interest might be its core, DBSoap, which implements the access to the APIs. It is designed to be reusable for other projects. As far as I know it is the only "Open source" implementation of its kind. It is released as LGPL.

DataBasin runs both on GNUstep and Mac >= 10.3

-- Where do I find it? --
Data Basin is hosted in the GAP project:

http://gap.nongnu.org/databasin/index.html

DataBasin uses the GNUstep Webservices, which Richard extended to support SOAP right for this application.
http://wiki.gnustep.org/index.php/WebServices

Enjoy,

Riccardo Mottola
(GNUstep Application Project Team)