info-gnustep

ANN: Gemas 0.1

From: Germán Arias
Subject: ANN: Gemas 0.1
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2010 13:56:15 -0600

Gemas 0.1
==========

Gemas is a simple code editor for GNUstep, with highlight syntax and
auto indentation. Features:

  * Highlight syntaxis for languages C, C++, Obj-C, Obj-C++, GSmarkup.
      * Highlight syntaxis to edit Strings, Plist, GNUmakefile and
        ChangeLog files.
      * Auto indentation.
      * Double click above a parentheses to select all code inside
        these.
      * Emacs compatibility (this means that you can see correctly the
        indentation of a file you wrote on Emacs).
      * Go to Line panel.
      * Preferences Panel to change some colors and configuration.

You can download it here:

http://wiki.gnustep.org/index.php/Gemas.app

This app is the result of my incursion to understand the machinery of
NSDocument while I made an useful app. The name "Gemas" (Gems) is more
or less a combination of Emacs and GS, but of course Gemas is not Emacs.
The app icon, as I am a bad art worker, is just a small happy gnu in one
color with a little white. For the documents, I use icons from
gnustep-icons package, some with modifications.

I wrote to James Jordan in the case he want make icons for strings,
gsmarkup,.. files, but not reply. I wrote also to Saso Kiselkov with a
patch for HighlighterKit, but no reply too. Is better if you use the
HighlighterKit package at Gemas website instead the package at
ProjectManager website.

Gemas is very simple, but let me know if you face problems. I will try
to solve these. Ideas to improve it are welcome too.

Happy hacking.