info-gnustep

ANN: Pantomime 1.2.2

From: Riccardo Mottola
Subject: ANN: Pantomime 1.2.2
Date: Sun, 12 Oct 2014 23:23:40 +0200

PANTOMIME 1.2.2
------------------

I am pleased to announce a new, maintenace release of Pantomime.

We (mainly German Arias, Riccardo Mottola, Sebastian Reitenbach) imported Pantomime from Ludovic's CW since the original author showed no activity. Attempts to get patches and fixes into the original tree failed thus we forked. All changes are available under the LGPL as the original so if, they remain available and can be merged in at will. For now, we plan to continue the bug fixing and portability improvement that were long since needed.

The current repository is now hosted at gna.org, nonfsf-gnustep project:
https://gna.org/projects/gnustep-nonfsf

The download is at:
http://download.gna.org/gnustep-nonfsf/Pantomime-1.2.2.tar.gz

This release contains updates and some important, long-needed fixes:
* new res_init code for NetBSD which allows finally, after years, to run GNUMail on NetBSD!
* enhanced portability to FreeBSD and OpenBSD
* improved packaging hints in the makefiles
* port to MacOS reinstantiated (10.3/10.4 tested)
* extended 64bit fixes, including NSInteger/NSUInteger transitions were appropriate
* enhanced crash catching, so that debugging is eased in the future
* memory leaks fixed

Riccardo