info-sather

Re: hello

From: Marko Mikulicic
Subject: Re: hello
Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2005 17:21:41 +0100

On 14.11.2005., at 17:13, Marko Mikulicic wrote:

On 12.11.2005., at 21:46, Abelardo Gutierrez wrote:

Hi, I have been maintaining Sather for a couple of month and:

1) yes, the last release is the 1.2.2, I have not released a new
version of the development branch since I take over the maintenance.
Basically 1.2.2 was a fix to make the stable branch work with gcc 3.x, but it has been tested only on Linux, since I don't have access to any
other platform.  But it should compile fine in other platforms with
ANSI standard c compilers, may be you're not following the build
procedure (building 1.2.2 is not the standard autotools process).

on the macosx platform I've made a couple of changes. For example there is no
values.h and not f_log single precision functions.

Ah, I forgot to say that while I managed to compile the gnu sather bootstrap compiler
on osx I get a segv:

Boot/sacomp -verbose -O_fast -O_no_move_while -O_no_hoist_const - O_no_cse -only_reachable Compiler/sacomp.module -o Bin/sacomp -only_C
signal 11 caught ...
make: *** [compiler] Abort trap

trying to execute it in a gdb yield a binary output starting with:
(gdb) r
Starting program: /Users/marko/Projects/tests/sather/sather-1.2.2/ Boot/sacomp -verbose -O_fast -O_no_move_while -O_no_hoist_const - O_no_cse -only_reachable Compiler/sacomp.module -o Bin/sacomp -only_C
Reading symbols for shared libraries ..+ done
CONFIG:The definition 'declareC_DOUBLE?
$$=(INT)$0;?C_FLOAT?declare? address@hidden $$;address@hidden $$;"@r $$;"?C_SHORT?var?C_CHAR?no_post? ....... then the terminal swtiches the font and becomes unreadable. I will post the backtrace once I manage to attach it from another session.

--
marko