info-sather

Just a Question about Sather

From: Milton Erick Zúniga Rodríguez
Subject: Just a Question about Sather
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2008 21:18:00 -0100

Hi everyone, I hope your being really good, I'm a student who lives in El Salvador, and right now I'm doing some research about Sather programming language.
In fact, my investigation is about understand how Sather compiler makes the scanning, parsing, etc. process. For that, I've downloaded Sather's source code, and I've found "scan.sa" and "parse.sa", these files are written in Sather language, now this is my particular question: Is it possible to obtain some information (i mean source code) about Sather's compiler phases but written in C instead of Sather? I asked this, because I've read that the compiler does not output object or machine code, but takes Sather source code and generates C source code as an intermediate language. I will appreciate your help with this.

Finally, this research is for one of my last curses in my career here in El Salvador and that curse would be "Compiladores" in Universidad Centroamericana "José Simeón Cañas" UCA.
Thanks a lot...

Greetings.
Sorry for my english... if so...
Milton Erick Zúniga Rodríguez.