info-sather

Re: Warning while compiling Sather code

From: Sather User
Subject: Re: Warning while compiling Sather code
Date: Sun, 4 Mar 2012 19:25:05 +1030 (CST)

On Tue, 28 Feb 2012, Duke Normandin wrote:

> Hi ...
>
> Although the Sather "learning' code is compiling and producing a
> working executable, some of the code is producing this warning:
>

> /home/dnormandin/Programming/Sather/sather-1.2.3/System/Platforms/linux/../../Co
> mmon/runtime.h:179:0: warning: "isnormal" redefined [enabled by
> default] /usr/include/math.h:253:0: note: this is the location of
> the previous definition
>
> Is there a way that I can fix this? TIA ...

Haven't looked at the GNU Sather code recently, but I have a version
that (intentionally) spews a lot of warnings, and I usually compile
with -C_flag -w.  You can do that and not be disturbed.

My runtime.sa doesn't seem to have this issue.  This by esc is all that
mentions isnormal

    161 #ifdef linux
    162 # define FLTDEXP10(f)    pow10(f)
    163 #define iszero(f) ((f)==0.0)
    164 #ifndef isnormal
    165 # define isnormal(f) ((int)1)  /* these two are hacks esc*/
    166 #endif
... #endif

It's only defined if undefined.

The general story with C compiler warnings, I think, is that the
Sather compiler wants to jump through a few hoops and do a lot of
things that if we were application programming in C would be
deprecated, but we're not.  But they are worth turning on and looking
at, keeping in mind that they're there in case you notice ways of
removing one or two.

My Compiler/cs.module looks like this:

Abstract_Syntax/Abstract_Syntax.module
Front/Front.module
Middle/Middle.module
Back/Back.module
Abstract_Machine/Abstract_Machine.module
Configuration/Configuration.module
Representation/Representation.module
--pSather/pSather.module -- ptrans.sa has been moved into trans.sa

-has tuner.sa TUNER
-- -C_flag -w
-C_flag -Wall
-C_flag -Wno-unused-variable
-C_flag -Wextra
-C_flag -Wno-ignored-qualifiers
-C_flag -Wno-uninitialized
-C_flag -Wno-unused-parameter
-verbose
cs.sa

For "cs" you have something else in GNU Sather.

Regards,

--
Michael Talbot-Wilson