js-extensions-discussion

Re: Enhancements and fixes for js-encumbered websites

From: W. Kosior
Subject: Re: Enhancements and fixes for js-encumbered websites
Date: Fri, 2 Jul 2021 19:46:42 +0200

> Awesome, we definitely need such a platform. There have been some
> efforts in the past.  Someone in the thread already mentioned
> Greasemonkey. There is also https://greasyfork.org/en,
> https://userscripts-mirror.org/, and others. They have varying levels
> of commitment to free software and proper licensing practices, but
> maybe they can provide useful ideas or opportunities for
> collaboration.

Yeah, it might make sense to support Greasemonkey scripts in our
extension, for the sake of attracting potential users. Other than that,
it is difficult to compare our efforts to these extensions[1] because
their purpose was never to actually fix js-encumbered sites, and so they
work somewhat differently from our extension.

Anyway, right now what we most urgnetly need is someone to help with
the NLnet application. Do you know anyone who could be willing to give
us some mentoring?

> (Probably this conversation could be narrowed to just one list? Sorry
> for not doing the trimming myself. It's not exactly on-topic for
> fsf-community-team.)
>
> -john

Ok, it is now narrowed to js-extensions-discussion@gnu.org

Wojtek