js-shield

0.5.1 released and a new bug?

From: Libor Polčák
Subject: 0.5.1 released and a new bug?
Date: Wed, 6 Oct 2021 17:02:26 +0200

Hello,

0.5.1 was released. It is available in AMO, Chrome Store should be next. Opera
still did not release several versions.

* Bugfix: Display correctly NBS status at the current page (Github issue #114)
* Rebranding step 1: change UI-facing icons
* Set minimal pop up width so that the pop up is usable in Chrome (Github issue
#112, Pagure issue
        #7)
* Chromium-based browsers: revise Battery API protection that should match the
expectations of page
        scripts (mimic Firefox behaviour).
* Fixed typos in settings.
* AMO distributes the code as compaptible with Firefox for Android (we were not
sure if the browser is compatible and we think that it is). See also

Giorgio, I went through the commits in the hotfix branch and decided not to use
the branch.

* The commits are on top of pagure/release0.5 that is not merged to the master.
We will need to rebase on top of master.
* 4fe0741a90714acd5d3bbda110454ee95407d6f7 seems to be empty
* a2cfd67987d6d4c17c64c532032e6b6713421c6a seems to have FPD stuff in it. There
are a lot of changes, some may be meaningfull when the new GUI is ready. I
think that we should not rename Network Boundary Shield to HTTP Shield though.

I found that you added min-width attribute to pop up body that fixed the pop up
issue.

I also cherry-picked new icon but I needed to resize it and regenerate the pngs
as it was not a square.

Giorgio, https://github.com/polcak/jsrestrictor/issues/133 seems to be about
level 0 modifies the JS environment. Before the wrapper injection method
redesign it used to work so that level 0 does not have any effect so that JSR
can be disabled for a page and does not need to be uninstalled. Can you have a
look at the issue or should I try to fix it?

Best wishes

Libor