js-shield

0.18.1 released

From: Libor Polčák
Subject: 0.18.1 released
Date: Fri, 28 Jun 2024 13:10:44 +0200

Hello,

0.18.1 is out:

Fix the scope where updateCount used by FPD is created (Pagure issue 141.
Although the function was not visible to page scripts, page script could have
define their own function with several consequences as JShelter would call the
page script function:

    FPD would not learn about the calls and consequently would not detect
fingeprinting attempts by the page,
    pop up would not show calls to the wrapped APIs,
    the page would be able to detect that JShelter is being installed,
    if the page would not expect that someone is calling its function it can
have any undesired consequences.

The bug was present in JShelter since the introduction of FPD in 0.6 and all
versions up to 0.18 are affected.

Should be available in the stores soon.

Regarding user count: We are more or less on the same numbers of users in both
browsers as we were last year during this period of the year. Interestingly, we
had a big spike in new users on AMO (maybe even higher than we had last year
after LibrePlanet) in the first half of June.

Best wishes,

Libor