koha-devel

[Koha-devel] Koha - Webserver Authentication + Authorisation

From: Roger Buck
Subject: [Koha-devel] Koha - Webserver Authentication + Authorisation
Date: Thu Apr 18 15:21:04 2002

I have been investigating some user authentication options for Koha user
access via Internet:

Mainly:

 * Apache AuthenDBI at:
http://www.perldoc.com/cpan/Apache/AuthenDBI.html

 * mod_auth_mysql at: ftp://ftp.kciLink.com/pub/

 * averist at: http://www.edlund.org/hacks/averist/

and a whole swag of good stuff here:

http://www.apache-tools.com/search.jsp?k=1&category=Authentication&no_head=1&step=30&start=1

So far I think mod_auth_mysql looks most flexible of the standard Apache
modules - I am probably biased because it was the easiest to get going
here, works nicely with cookies, and has a third party, web based,
password management interface - I have it working fine with my koha test
setup.

I have not been able to get AuthenDBI working properly here - and I
don't want to have to recompile Apache. (or to run mod_perl) on my test
server.

'averist' looked good but no documentation - perl gurus would probably
find it easy-peasy: http://www.edlund.org/hacks/averist/

Before I go too far -  Anyone suggest any reason(s) why options (such as
AuthenDBI for example) may be a better option (compared with mod_mysql)
for use with koha?

Thanx,

R.