koha-devel

Re: [Koha-devel] About ItemInfo + branches + detail.pm

From: Roger Buck
Subject: Re: [Koha-devel] About ItemInfo + branches + detail.pm
Date: Mon Apr 22 03:13:03 2002

Roger Buck wrote:

> I think that sub ItemInfo? (Search.pm) returns no data if
> items.holdingbranch is NULL. The result is that detail.pl info table
> remains blank and "Total number of items appears as "0" in the biblio
> detail.pl record table. Doesn't seem to make sense..? Is that the
> desired result... ?

I have just tested this by creating new entry at www.koha.org:

If you use acqui.simple to add a new item (say "Test Title"),

 then search on:

http://hlt.katipo.co.nz/cgi-bin/koha/detail.pl?type=intra&bib=65527&title=Test%20Title

You find that Biblio Record 65527 shows "Total Number of Items: 0"

And no information is displayed for "Itemtype, Class,... etc"

To have information displayed by detail.pm requires something like
addition of a "holdingbranch" option to the acqui.simle form (or similar
- in addition to "homebranch" option?), _OR_ modification of sub
ItemInfo?

I know this is not well explained but I have to go out... and firing
this off in a hurry so I don't forget it - hope that makes sense :)

R.

R.