koha-devel

[Koha-devel] CVS branched

From: Chris Cormack
Subject: [Koha-devel] CVS branched
Date: Wed Apr 24 15:06:36 2002

Hi all

I finally got around to branching the cvs tree.
The branch is called rel-1-2  all new work/features should be done in this
branch. And the main branch should just be for bugfixes and code tidies.

I plan to do a release of 1.1.2 from the code in the main branch sometime
soon.

Here is a good set of instructions on how to work with the branch

http://www.cvshome.org/docs/manual/cvs_5.html#SEC57

I assume that ill have 2 cvs checkouts running, the main one and a checkout
of the rel-1-2 branch. And work in either depending on what im trying to do.

When we get to the point of wanting to do a 1.2 release, i imagine we'll
merge the branch back in, then branch off a rel-1-3 branch to become the
development one.

Hope this makes sense and sounds like a good idea to everyone.

It should give ppl more freedom to make big changes without fear off
breaking things in the stable release. We should also be able to tar up
bugfix releases a lot faster. Since we dont have to worry about new features
getting in the way.

Chris
025 500 789                                        Katipo Communications Ltd
address@hidden                                          www.katipo.co.nz