koha-devel

Re: [Koha-devel] Suggestions Please - Checked by Vexira DEMO version -

From: paul POULAIN
Subject: Re: [Koha-devel] Suggestions Please - Checked by Vexira DEMO version -
Date: Mon Sep 2 03:41:25 2002

VERY GOOD IDEA, boss ;-)

Pat Eyler wrote:

I don't many recommendations right now, but perhaps we should start a list
on the wiki.  If we do, it would be good to structure it like (with a
coupld of examples -- which might be mis-filed):

Koha Projects

for Perl/Shell coders:
  Simple
   (basic jobs, able to be finished in 1-3 days of work)
   write unit tests for Koha modules
   write acceptance tests for Koha
  Intermediate
   (more advanced jobs requiring 1-2 weeks of work)
   write a new kind of search
   port koha (esp installer/upgrader) to other unixish platform
   (big jobs requiring a month or more, and probably much coordination
   with other developers on the team)
   write/work on NCIP
   write/work on Z39.50 server
   port Koha to win32

for HTML/CSS/Javascript coders
(sorry, I haven't a clue what should go here)
  Simple
   (basic jobs, able to be finished in 1-3 days of work)
  Intermediate
   (more advanced jobs requiring 1-2 weeks of work)
   (big jobs requiring a month or more, and probably much coordination
   with other developers on the team)

for non-coders
  Simple
   (basic jobs, able to be finished in 1-3 days of work)
   figure out and document something in Koha
   proofread part of the manual
  Intermediate
   (more advanced jobs requiring 1-2 weeks of work)
   write a new section for the manual
   write an article about Koha for publication
   (big jobs requiring a month or more, and probably much coordination
   with other developers on the team)
   write a new manual/book for/about Koha (supplement the existing
   manuals