koha-devel

[Koha-devel] maybe a bug, or something i don't understand ?

From: paul POULAIN
Subject: [Koha-devel] maybe a bug, or something i don't understand ?
Date: Thu Sep 5 05:48:05 2002

Probably a question for a katipan (Finlay ?) !

I' testing always deeply my MARC version, and i find something strange in normal acquisition system.
Let   me explain :
* you create a new basket, with a new biblio => you call newbiblio.pl, you validate, and it creates a old-DB biblio, a old-DB biblioitem, as well as MARC-DB data. * you realise you made something wrong, so you want to modify : you search for supplier, you click on the basket, and you click on the biblio again to modify it.

When you validate your modifs, some of them are not recorded : ISBN, and branches, at least. Fortunately, all the fields modified are in biblio table and all fields unmodified are in biblioitem table... Elementary, my dear Watson... So i had a look to the perl code, and founded only "newbiblioitem" calls and no "modbiblioitem" in addorder.pl. That's why i think it's a bug.
It's a problem for me, as i can't update MARC record ;-\\\

Please confirm it's a bug, and if yes, i'll correct it.
--
Paul