koha-devel

Re: [Koha-devel] Perl Bundle's

From: paul POULAIN
Subject: Re: [Koha-devel] Perl Bundle's
Date: Tue Sep 10 00:23:02 2002

Tonnesen Steve wrote:
On 10 Sep 2002, Mike Mylonas wrote:
DBI
Date::Manip
DBD::mysql
HTML::Template
Set::Scalar
Digest::MD5
Net::Z3650

Net::Z3950

and MARC::Record will be required for the 1.3/1.4 code.
G'morning all

UNLESS steve has a good new, we can't use MARC::Record for instance : we had to modify it because the official release don't allow reading of a MARC record from a variable, but only from a file. The 4 lines added to enable reading from a variable were refused by MARC::Record maintainer, arguing we can save our variable to a file (but heavy perf loss !).
Steve : something to add ?

If it didn't change, we have to decide wether not to use the official MARC::Record, go to lobbying for our modif being included, or modify marcimport to use a file.

Good work, Mike!
I agree
--
Paul