koha-devel

Re: [Koha-devel] 1.3.1 install

From: paul POULAIN
Subject: Re: [Koha-devel] 1.3.1 install
Date: Tue Oct 15 07:01:23 2002

Ville Huhtala wrote:
paul POULAIN <address@hidden> wrote:
Ville Huhtala wrote:
CREATING DATABASE
=================
ERROR 1062 at line 1: Duplicate entry '%-Koha-kohaadmin' for key 1

Wow, 1.3.1 has been released tomorrow and not yet announced officialy by
Pate, and there is already a problem with it...
2 problems in fact...
The 1st : Duplicate entry : i think you're upgrading from a old install.
This problem means there is a ... duplicate entry in a table, and an
index can't be added. Probably not a problem.

I set my hostname=localhost
the 2nd : you need to install MARC::Record package
(http://marcpm.sourgeforge.net)

Maybe this should be added to INSTALL file?
yes. but don't forget, this is ALPHA software... Don't expect everything to be here ;-)
Some more errors:

SETTING UP Z39.50 DAEMON
========================
Directory for logging by Z39.50 daemon [/var/log/koha]:
Argument "/var/log/koha" isn't numeric in mkdir at installer.pl line
655, <STDIN> line 17.
I don't understand this line neither i've ever had it. Are you root ?
and later
can't chown /var/log/koha: No such file or directory at installer.pl line 935, <STDIN> line 20.
if the previous statement failed, this one failed too : you can't change the owner of a directory that does not exist ;-)
SAMPLE DATA
=""
Would you like to install the sample data? Y/[N]: y
ERROR 1136 at line 2011: Column count doesn't match value count at row 1
I already saw this, but don't know where it comes for instance. It seems koha 1.3.1 work despite this line.
--
Paul