koha-devel

Re: [Koha-devel] RC15 bugs

From: Tonnesen Steve
Subject: Re: [Koha-devel] RC15 bugs
Date: Wed Oct 23 09:44:04 2002

On Wed, 23 Oct 2002, Ville Huhtala wrote:

> ==================
> = PERL & MODULES =
> ==================
>
> Checking perl modules ...
> v-string in use/require non-portable at (eval 1) line 3, <STDIN> line 2.

Fixed.  This is a new warning message that is introduced with perl 5.8.0
when a script does a "require 5.6".

> Some error (too fast) in sample data installation, same as in 1.3.1?
> [nope, no data installed]
>
> intranrt access: internal server error
> DBI->connect(:) failed: Access denied for user: 'address@hidden' (Using
> password: NO) at /var/www/html/koha/intranet/modules/C4/Database.pm line 67
> Can't call method "prepare" on an undefined value at
> /var/www/html/koha/intranet/modules/C4/Output.pm line 163.
> [Wed Oct 23 16:43:13 2002] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] Premature end of script
> headers: /var/www/html/koha/intranet/cgi-bin/mainpage.pl
>
> fortunately there is a simple fix: cp -a /etc/koha.conf.tmp /etc/koha.conf :)
>
> Opac access refused.
>
> I thougt that the mysterious duplicating priter editing was fixed but
> apparently not. No selectable printers in circulation.
>
> parameters - systempreferences is empty. Surely this doesn't depend on sample
> data?

This is fixed as well.  The modification to the installer that didn't
create koha.conf until the end broke the updatedatabase script which uses
koha.conf to access the database.  Sampledata couldn't get installed
because the database schema wasn't updated yet.

Missed duplicating printer editing in RC16.  I'll work on that one for the
next release.  I know there are problems with branches and printers due to
some changes made by Finlay that I haven't worked out yet...

Steve.