koha-devel

[Koha-devel] koha 1.3.2 => question before releasing

From: paul POULAIN
Subject: [Koha-devel] koha 1.3.2 => question before releasing
Date: Mon Nov 18 12:47:04 2002

Hi everybody,

I plan to release a 1.3.2 version soon.

what works in this version :
* you can manage MARC biblios (add, modify...) and items
* you can "link" a MARC subfield to any "old-DB" field : both db are managed in parallel, and if you modify a value in a MARC biblio, the corresponding value is modified in old-DB.
* you can "link" a MARC subfield to 4 differents behaviours :
- "free value" => whatever you want
- "authorised value" => any value of a specified category. You can define as many categories as you want, and as many values as you want
- "authority value" => any value in authority file.
- "plug_in value" => the value is calculated through a "plugin" script. This possibility still needs documenting, but works nicely.

So, i'm entering a "beta-test" phase now.
It means i'm playing with koha, and tracking things i hadn't imagined...
I encounter a "little problem" : some values, like, for example "biblioitem.itemtype" are mapped to a specific table. But if you don't use an "itemtypes" value in the MARC subfield "itemtype", koha goes woo-woo, as consistency is broken.

My question is : can someone give me a complte list of such links. I'm speakins of links between biblio, biblioitems and items and other tables.

What i already know :
* no links in biblio
* biblioitems.itemtype => itemtypes.itemtype
* items.booksellerid => booksellerid
* items.homebranch => ???
* items.holdingbranch => ???
Am i missing others ?

Note : i'm working since nov,1st with a "french UNIMARC" version : works nicely, as nicely as the "english USMARC" one. I'm quite happy ;-)
--
Paul