koha-devel

[Koha-devel] installer.pl in the 1.3 branch

From: Ambrose Li [CCCGT]
Subject: [Koha-devel] installer.pl in the 1.3 branch
Date: Wed Nov 27 09:37:05 2002

Hello,

does anyone have a rough idea how long installer.pl will continue
to be the official installer? I tried to install 1.3.2 and was
hit by "/usr/bin/mysqladmin: No such file or directory" again. My
patch for looking for mysql was lost I guess (^^;) So here it is
again (^_^)

(The MySQL password is also not quoted, not anywhere. Somehow,
fixes to bugs are being lost; we are seeing regressions, this is
not good.)

If users are expected to run installer.pl instead of reading an
INSTALL document, the installer should not have these paths hard-
coded in (e.g., if it can't find mysql, it should not expect to
find it in /usr); the school I went to would probably place mysql
in /software/mysql and koha in /software/koha ...

Regards,

--
Ambrose Li

``A good style should show no sign of effort;
  what is written should seem a happy accident.'' ~ Somerset Maugham