koha-devel

Re: [Koha-devel] [IMPORTANT] MARC21 - Homebranch and holdbranch mapping

From: Ingrid Lacis
Subject: Re: [Koha-devel] [IMPORTANT] MARC21 - Homebranch and holdbranch mapping
Date: Thu Apr 17 13:34:02 2003

Thank you all for responding to my question.

I was able to solve my problem once I changed the tags from ignore to 10.

What had gotten me confused was that I had looked at the Wiki http://www.saas.nsw.edu.au/wiki/index.php?page=UserDoc and there it said "Note that all 'items' related subfields MUST be mapped to the specific tab items, and thus are all in the same tab."

So since Koha told me that itemnum must have the -1(ignore) tab I put all the item tabs at -1. Was the tab mentioned in the Wiki really supposed to be tag?

Now Al Calame wrote:
"in MARC21, there is an appropriate place to map these two items, namely 852#a for home branch(central library holding symbol) and 852#b for holding branch (holdingsymbol for the branch that holds the particular copy). "

But to use location area (852) as the place for the home and holding branches I would have to then move the items.barcode, items.dateaccessioned, items.notforloan, items.itemnumber, and items.itemnotes to the 852 tag also?

paul POULAIN wrote:

WARNING, WARNING, WARNING :
ALL subfields connected to "items.*" koha table MUST be in the same tag.
It's somewhat logic : the biblio is unique, and you have many items that are located in differents branches. But you still have only one biblio. 1 MARC record = 1 biblio and ANY items of this biblio, located in any branch.

I realise I must explain a little bit more...
Koha needs all items-related information in the same tag, because it uses this tag to recognize biblio and items from the MARC record.
For example :
200$ait's my title
201$aPaul POULAIN$bFrance
995$91$aDombes$b1st floor
995$92$aHautecombes$b1st floor

want to modify the biblio ? => search everything except 995
want to modify an item ? => show 995, the $9 saying "item 1" or "item 2"

I hope that's all this time :-)

--
Paul POULAIN