koha-devel

Re: [Koha-devel] Return to search results?

From: Dave Thorne
Subject: Re: [Koha-devel] Return to search results?
Date: Tue Apr 22 05:27:03 2003

Probably the nicest way of doing it would be to have a session variable that is set to hold the sql for the query when the search is undergone. Then a querystring like 'useoldsql=true' could spur the use of this remembered sql rather than building the query again from scratch. Your links back to the search page could then use this querystring.

Who would be responsible for this? I'm currently plodding through the source code to see how eveything works.

Dave

----
I'm working on the opac-detail template, and thinking about keeping the patron
oriented in the search process. Our current system (Spydus) provides a link
from the detail view back to the search results view. I think Spydus uses some
kind of session-tracking to do this. Is there a good way to provide this
functionality in Koha? Maybe the simplest way would be to pass the query terms
back and forth in the URL? Or is there a better alternative?

On the move? Get Hotmail on your mobile phone