koha-devel

[Koha-devel] IMPORTANT : migration tool arrived in CVS

From: paul POULAIN
Subject: [Koha-devel] IMPORTANT : migration tool arrived in CVS
Date: Wed May 21 07:37:02 2003

Hi everybody,

The NEW bulkmarcimport script everybody was waiting for just arrived in CVS. It will be released with 1.9.3 (probably today ?)
It's located (in CVS tree) at $koharoot/misc/bulkmarcimport.pl

It loads an iso2709 file into the ACTIVE Database. My 1st tests on sample files shows it works quite fine.
Feel free to try it.
How it works ? enter ./bulkmarcimport in a console, and look.

Note : i'm proud, because it's less than 100 lines long => 99 lines !!!

Note to *NPL* : i didn't test this on the file you send to me, as my MARC parameters are UNIMARC at the moment. I release the 1.9.3, then I test it. It would be nice to you if you sended me you marc_tag_structure and marc_subfield_structure tables to have a working USMARC.

--
Paul POULAIN