koha-devel

Re: [Koha-devel] Stop words

From: paul POULAIN
Subject: Re: [Koha-devel] Stop words
Date: Fri Aug 8 09:24:09 2003

Owen Leonard wrote:

How are stop words supposed to work? It appears that if you do a search on a single stop word, it will execute the search: searching for 'the' will return results in our catalog. If you do a search on a stop word plus another term, it seems to ignore the stop word: searching for 'the stuff' will only return results from 'stuff.'

Is this the intended behavior?
Are you sure of the behaviour ?
I tried (in french) with "la" (= "the" in english). I get only titles having a word BEGINNING by LE. example : "la lattitude et la longitude". The title had not been taken because of La, but because of Lattitude. It's a recent improvment : when searching "contains", you search "contains a word beginning by". I don't remembre who asked for this. Maybe it was NPL :-)

--
Paul POULAIN