koha-devel

[Koha-devel] character encodings in koha 2.0.0

From: Benedykt
Subject: [Koha-devel] character encodings in koha 2.0.0
Date: Tue Oct 21 09:59:14 2003

Hi,
Is there a general, worked-out policy about character encodings so they stay consistent throughout a translation? By this I mean character encodings of the data in mysql, in template files.

I know that the perl scripts generate "an obligatory" content-type headers to the template files before output is generated. . But the headers provide to browsers only the first part of the header, without encodings information in it, hence  incomplete.

Has any work been done on putting it in order?

By the way, what does this mean:
output_html_with_http_headers $query, $cookie, $template->output;

Is the first part of the line a variable?
thanks
Benedict