koha-devel

Re: [Koha-devel] buildrelease problems

From: paul POULAIN
Subject: Re: [Koha-devel] buildrelease problems
Date: Mon Nov 3 08:32:08 2003

MJ Ray wrote:

On 2003-11-03 15:50:32 +0000 paul POULAIN <address@hidden> wrote:

However, when buildrelease tries to find the release number, just enter <ok>, then 2.0.0pre5, and it works fine, creating a release from local CVS.

This seems to build a version labelled "2.0.0pre5" that is really CVS HEAD. I am not sure what the non-trivial parts of buildrelease do or what they should be doing. Are all files in CVS used for the tarball?

afaik, the buildrelease :
* updates the local copy of CVS.
* IF ASKED, tags the files in CVS with the release number.
* creates a tar.gz from the local copy.
So, even if there are local files that are NOT in cvs server, they are in the release. Same thing if there are local files that have not been commited to server (they are tagged in a version different than the real released file). I try to avoid this by looking carefully at the initial cvs update

HTH

--
Paul POULAIN