koha-devel

Re: [Koha-devel] suggestion module

From: nicolas morin
Subject: Re: [Koha-devel] suggestion module
Date: Wed Jun 23 04:58:20 2004

Paul POULAIN wrote:

Hello,

The "Ecole des Mines de Nantes" funds a suggestion module. It will be in 2.2 You can read on the wiki (http://www.saas.nsw.edu.au/koha_wiki/index.php?page=SuggestionFeatures) the planned features. Please report any suggestion to improve this suggestion module.

There might be a point for replacing "A suggestion can be done by any user. The user who requested the book is stored in the DB." with:
" A suggestion can be done by any registered and logged in user"
It excludes persons who use the opac as guest users and request a document without having logged in: it might be better if we know who requested the document; we might then be able to put it aside for him/her when it's available, etc. Or the library might have a public policy about purchase requests: they are only accepted from members of the community, etc...
But maybe it's too restrictive, I don't know.

About the fields:

   * a title
   * an author
   * a copyright date
   * an editor

The list seems short to me. We might propose a longer list (isbn, whatever), allow the user to ignore a field he don't know, expect author/title.

Nicolas

--
Nicolas Morin