koha-devel

Re: [Koha-devel] Koha in Hebrew

From: Paul POULAIN
Subject: Re: [Koha-devel] Koha in Hebrew
Date: Tue Jan 4 05:06:48 2005

(answering old mails, I agree :-) )

Joshua Ferraro a écrit :
Actually, I'm not even sure we have a document that describes
how translation is supposed to work ... at least I couldn't
find it.  What's been the method thusfar?

In the translator directory, there is a translator_doc.txt file.
What do you think it contains ? ;-)

I've seen a question about Koha in Arabic. What about Koha in Hebrew?
Can we make it easier for folks to be translators? It seems like we're asking folks who want to be translators to also be proficient with Perl (or at the very least comfortable with the Linux command line). That limits our options.

Yes we can : we could have a "kartouche" website with various translations. That's what I use for french translation, and it's really great : I had 4 ppl involved in french translation, that worked through a web interface.
There are 2 limits for instance :
1- we need a script to rebuild localized versions through web interface (and update the .po file when there is something new in templates. 2- we need a permanent server (for instance, it's hosted on bureau.paulpoulain.com, that is switched ON only during daytime in france. Not a problem for french translation, but for sure a pb for someone from America or Asia ;-) )

MJ/Slef : I hacked a little kartouche to add some features (like a "search string option") but could not find the address of kartouche developper(s). iirc, you know how it is, am I right ?

--
Paul POULAIN