koha-devel

Re: [Koha-devel] Making PDF::API2 optional (barcodes)

From: Paul POULAIN
Subject: Re: [Koha-devel] Making PDF::API2 optional (barcodes)
Date: Tue Mar 1 08:46:12 2005

Andrés Tarallo a écrit :
I think that this should be controlled by system preferences. In my opinion this is the best way to handle this.
In koha 2.2.1, the module PDF::API2 is mandatory. The release notes
in the 2.1 series said that this module would be made optional. It
appears only to be used by C4::Barcodes::PrinterConfig and some
scripts in koha-cgi/barcodes, so what's the best way of making this
optional?

In fact, that's 2 different things :
* The installer should not require PDF::API2 but warn when it is not installed. * if PDF::API2 is not installed, the option "barcode printing" should be removed from parameters.

i'll see how to handle this (mj, if you want to take care of the Install, i'll let you do)
--
Paul POULAIN