koha-devel

Re: [Koha-devel] Barcode Printing Problems

From: Paul POULAIN
Subject: Re: [Koha-devel] Barcode Printing Problems
Date: Tue Sep 13 02:08:01 2005

Thomas D a écrit :
There are at the very least potential Koha users who want to use barcode
generation.  I have not experimented with actually using the barcode
generation in Koha, myself.

PREVIOUS DISCUSSION

There was a conversation between owen and tim on #koha on 5 August 2005
about trying to use the barcode generator.  tim seemed to have misidentified
the script being called to actually generate the barcodes in referring to
them as code 39, or 3 of 9.  I followed his example later that night without
looking at the code calling the correct script.  There is in fact an old
script in /intranet/scripts/misc/barcodes.pl for generating much simpler
code 39 barcodes.

CODE INTERPRETATION

The script integrated into the Koha intranet is supposed to generate code
128 barcodes.  Vault Information Services. Code 128 symbology.
barcodeisland.com . http://www.barcodeisland.com/code128.phtml  A useful
page for understanding code 128.

the question being : why do we need to limit the generation to code128 ? imho, we should add a listbox to let the user choose one of the most common possibilities.

--
Paul POULAIN