koha-devel

[Koha-devel] Re: [Koha] Chinese support?

From: Chris Cormack
Subject: [Koha-devel] Re: [Koha] Chinese support?
Date: Thu Oct 6 19:32:01 2005

address@hidden wrote:
Han, Yan wrote:

That is right.

Look at this

http://arrakis.library.arizona.edu:59/cgi-bin/koha/opac-detail.pl?bib=10
48

You can only search "22269; | 20013;& | &"

Kia Ora ano

Further to my last email, do you have access to the Koha mysql database.
If so can you please do a select * from biblio where biblionumber=1048;

Is that where the 22269; is stored? or is it in the marc_word table?

When I do the SQL query on the on the biblio table I get (tranfered to a
hopefully email-friendly layout):
+---------------+------------------+
| biblionumber  | 1048             |
| author        | 韩         |
| title         | 中国 |
| unititle      |                  |
| notes         | NULL             |
| serial        | NULL             |
| seriestitle   |                  |
| copyrightdate | NULL             |
| timestamp     | 20051006163507   |
| abstract      | NULL             |
+---------------+------------------+

The '22269;' is also stored in the marc_word table:
+----------------+--------+
| bibid          | 1048   |
| tagsubfield    | 245a   |
| tagorder       | 11     |
| subfieldorder  | 1      |
| word           | 22269; |
| sndx_word      | 2000   |
+----------------+--------+

Ah ha.

So the biblio table is storing the entity properly, eg
title          中国
So when the record is displayed it displays just fine.

But marc_word (which is what is searched on) has had the &# stripped.
So it looks like its a propblem with the routines storing data in the marc_word table.

Ill look into the routines that do the storage and look for a fix.
Anyone else who knows more about the MARC tables and/or unicode want to yell out now and tell me im on the wrong track? Or where to start looking?

Chris
--
Chris Cormack                                      Katipo Communications
Programmer                                         www.katipo.co.nz