koha-devel

Re: [Koha-devel] Koha Statuses and MARC?

From: Chris Cormack
Subject: Re: [Koha-devel] Koha Statuses and MARC?
Date: Thu Oct 20 13:30:15 2005

address@hidden wrote:
Is there a way of separating out a "true" MARC record and keeping up to date it
as an XML object, sort of an XML mirror of the tables and fields where the work
is actually happening?  Would that be useful or practical?

Thats pretty much exactly what we have in mind for 3.0

Well something pretty close anyway. I think its by far the most efficient way to do it. And with zebra we can search those marc records incredibly efficiently also.

Chris
--
Chris Cormack                                      Katipo Communications
Programmer                                         www.katipo.co.nz