koha-devel

Re: [Koha-devel] Koha 3.0 : myISAM or innoDB for mySQL ?

From: Paul POULAIN
Subject: Re: [Koha-devel] Koha 3.0 : myISAM or innoDB for mySQL ?
Date: Wed, 04 Jan 2006 15:57:19 +0100

Joshua Ferraro a écrit :
I see no reason not to move to innoDB, it has many advantages,
including stored procedures which Chris brought to my attention
last week ...

Yes, but only in mySQL 5.0
And mySQL 5.0 is NOT common yet. My opinion is that we could have mySQL 4.1 as requirement, but not 5.0

(and 4.1 has important improvements with charset that will help the move to utf8 i'm working on today, so that confirms mySQL 4.1 will be required ;-) )
--
Paul POULAIN