koha-devel

Re: [Koha-devel] question/feature request regarding items & issuing rule

From: Paul POULAIN
Subject: Re: [Koha-devel] question/feature request regarding items & issuing rules
Date: Mon, 16 Jan 2006 16:08:17 +0100

Cindy Murdock a écrit :
Hi all,

Hi Cindy,

We've been figuring out how we want to set up our item types for our
libraries, and I notice how the renewal limit, not-for-loan, and rental
charge are all set in the itemtypes table.  Wouldn't it make more sense
to have these things set in the issuingrules table?

Yes. definetly !

This would make
setting these rules on a per-library basis more flexible, especially for
a loosely-federated library system like mine. :)

yes, definetly too !

Is there a reason
these are in itemtypes and would it cause problems if they were moved?

yes, and the best one : katipo did this in koha 1.0 and nobody took time to improve it yet !!!

--
Paul POULAIN et Henri Damien LAURENT
Consultants indépendants