koha-devel

[Koha-devel] New Feature: Export in MARCXML

From: Joshua Ferraro
Subject: [Koha-devel] New Feature: Export in MARCXML
Date: Tue, 23 May 2006 11:28:51 -0700

Hi all,

I've just committed a new command-line script for exporting
bibliographic data from Koha to an ISO2709 _or_ MARCXML file.
It currently handles MARC21 records correctly (leader management)
and allows the user to specify the desired encoding of the
resulting dump file (MARC-8 or UTF-8) as well as the export
format (MARC or MARCXML). It needs some work to fully support
UNIMARC, as soon as I have a spare moment I'll work on that ...

        -format <format>    MARC, MARCXML [MARC]
        -e <encoding>       MARC-8 or UTF-8 [UTF-8]
        -ignoreerrors       Ignore encoding errors
        -assumeunicode      Assume Unicode when unsure of encoding
        -file <filename>    Filename to store dump [koha.mrc]
        -h                  This file

        EXAMPLES:
        \$ ./export.pl --format=MARCXML --encoding=UTF-8
-file=2005-05-23-koha.mrc --ignoreerrors

So now we can all boast about Koha's MARCXML export abilities :-)

Cheers,

--
Joshua Ferraro               VENDOR SERVICES FOR OPEN-SOURCE SOFTWARE
address@hidden |Full Demos at http://liblime.com/koha |1(888)KohaILS