koha-devel

Re: [Koha-devel] [IMPORTANT] MARC editor for 2.2.6 & firefox

From: Thomas D
Subject: Re: [Koha-devel] [IMPORTANT] MARC editor for 2.2.6 & firefox
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2006 20:26:48 +0200

You may require anything.  However, you are ultimately dependent on what is
a reasonable expectation for what users will have.  Especially users who are
merely doing a preliminary investigation to dicide whether they will
investigate Koha further.

I suspect that Tümer Garip may have some code to allow the record editor to
work better on Firefox 1.0X as well Internet Explorer.  I, myself, do not
have Firefox 1.5 installed on my Debian testing version system yet because
of too many dependency problems initially and then lack of time to update
over my slow connection.  There is at least a backport of Firefox 1.5 for
Debian stable.

My issue here is that the demo should work for most users over a remote
connection with a reasonable range of web browsers and versions.  A demo
website that fails to function properly in a major respect for most users
without installing additional software is liable to result in many fewer users.

Thomas D

Quoting Paul POULAIN <address@hidden> :