koha-devel

Re: [Koha-devel] Debian Packaging

From: Geoff Crompton
Subject: Re: [Koha-devel] Debian Packaging
Date: Thu, 05 Oct 2006 11:01:12 +1000

Meanwhile, Geoff Crompton has submitted an alioth project request. What do people think?

I'm happy to use alioth if it doesn't limit us. Of course, once the packages get into debian, we should use bugs.debian.org and packages.qa.debian.org as our first line.

My request for an alioth project was denied, my request didn't meet their guidelines (should have requested pkg-koha project instead of koha apparently).

Raphael suggested we use the collab-maint project (1) of alioth for this though. That gets us an svn repostiory. We could still use this mailing list for discussions. It requires contributors to signup for a username-guest account on alioth to access the repository, and email Raphael to ask for access to the collab-maint project.

alioth does have support for bzr, but then we'd need a separate project, not part of a collab-maint project. I haven't asked if we can use that. If people are really keen on using bzr, I can ask.

(1) http://wiki.debian.org/AliothPackagingProject
--
Geoff Crompton
Debian System Administrator