koha-devel

[Koha-devel] BIG code cleaning commits

From: Paul POULAIN
Subject: [Koha-devel] BIG code cleaning commits
Date: Fri, 17 Nov 2006 14:40:40 +0100

Hello,

As you know, i have decided to fund code cleaning by hiring antoine to work on this, and i've put my hands in the code cleaning myself :

* i've removed some useless subs in biblio.pm. There are probably some more to clean. It should be harmless in Koha, even if some script in misc/ won't work anymore : however, those subs must be removed, because they use marc_subfield_table table, that disappeared with zebra. So, if you meet compilation errors, don't reintroduce those subs, do it differently ! There are probably some subs still to remove, i'm not sure it's 100% done.

* i've modified all scripts & templates to use biblionumber / $biblionumber only, not sometimes bib, sometimes bibid, sometimes biblio. I tried to do this carefully, but there are probably some mistakes, so fix them when you encounter them. the goal being to have a unified API to avoid trivial bugs like calling request.pl?bib=X and detail.pl?biblionumber=X and opac-detail?bibid=X. Just use biblionumber=X everywhere, and it should be OK !!!

Now, i'll start moving bornum to borrowernumber to unify API for borrowers as well !!!

cheers.

--
Paul POULAIN et Henri Damien LAURENT
Consultants indépendants