koha-devel

Re: [Koha-devel] Access to Koha API

From: Alex King
Subject: Re: [Koha-devel] Access to Koha API
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2006 09:33:43 +1300

Yes, I understand. Now that the immediate need for it has passed, I won't be doing any work on it now. But if I ever do in the future I will post back to the list.

Cheers,

Alex

Paul POULAIN wrote:
Alex King a écrit :
Has any thought been given to exporting these functions via XML-RPC or some other RPC or web services type of interface? This would allow me to write my scripts in python, as well as other tools and possibly UIs to be written separately from the main Koha code. Thoughts?

Joshua is 1000% right in his answers :
- nobody is interested by this, because it can't be seen

- we did (I funded 6 months employee for this) a lot of cleaning for 3.0, and I don't have money to fund this kind of tools. (I plan to fund something that will never be funded by a library : a better (web) installer for the librarian part of Koha setup)

- the good news : it's quite easy to develop, and, on a library need basis we could see things appearing smoothly. I already have somewhere 1 webservice to update a biblio, 1 to query the catalogue & get results in XML, ... It not on CVS, but i may commit them one day if I think it can be useful for someoneelse.