koha-devel

[Koha-devel] rel_3_0, head & tumer stuff

From: Paul POULAIN
Subject: [Koha-devel] rel_3_0, head & tumer stuff
Date: Thu, 08 Feb 2007 15:06:27 +0100

Hi all,

as you probably know, the CVS tree can have branches.
We have
- one stable rel_2_2.
- one unstable, but actively developped & that will result in official koha 3.0 "soon".
- one managed by Tumer Garip, that is, actually in HEAD.

some interesting features from head have been ported to rel_3_0.
Many things don't.
with rel_3_0 becoming stable, we think we should reorganize the CVS a little bit : - tumer stuff would be branched to a "tumer" branch (rel_TG ?), from actual head.
- rel_3_0 will be feature freezed and only bugfixed.
- rel_3_0 will be copied to head (overwriting actual head), to be the official HEAD. any interesting stuff from tumer would be ported here from rel_TG

To do this, we have to do things one after the other :
- 1st tumer : could you confirm you don't have anything waiting to be commited to head (i've been told that there are things in fact ;-) ). Once it's done, we will be able to :
- create rel_TG branch from HEAD
- copy all scripts from rel_3_0 to a local HEAD copy
- commit all those scripts to have HEAD= rel_3_0.

Once it will have been done :
- tumer, you'll have to be carefull to branch your local copy to rel_TG to avoid commiting stuff into head by mistake
- we will have rel_3_0 for bugfixes only
- we will have HEAD for new ideas & coding.

A last question :
does someone candidate to synch stable rel_3_0 into HEAD ?
toins may take care of it, but I would prefer someone else (and I remind you that he works with us till july, nothing sure for september -august being for wedding ;-) ).
--
Paul POULAIN et Henri Damien LAURENT
Consultants indépendants