koha-devel

Re: [Koha-devel] Re: [Koha] Re: OpenSolaris and kohaadmin rights at inst

From: Michael Hafen
Subject: Re: [Koha-devel] Re: [Koha] Re: OpenSolaris and kohaadmin rights at installation
Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2007 09:23:15 -0600

On Mon, 2007-06-25 at 11:28 +1200, Chris Cormack wrote:
> Yep long term thats the plan, short term, there is no $installhost
> defined at that point, nor are we currently prompting the user for
> the host.
> So I wanted to get a fix out that would allow the people with mysql 5
> (who were currently trying to install on localhost) get koha installed.
>
> Phase 2 can be to prompt the user for a hostname for the mysql db and
> use that.
> I'm taking volunteers? :)
>
> Chris

You probably know this already, but I'll replay just to make sure.
Localhost in this case is not the database host.  The grant statement
should specify the host the user is coming from, not where they're
trying to go.  So in this case the host you want is the web server,
which you can probably figure out automatically in the script.