koha-devel

[Koha-devel] ubuntu and koha and some postgresql info

From: Simon Mitchell
Subject: [Koha-devel] ubuntu and koha and some postgresql info
Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2007 15:14:45 +1000

1.
Hi guys, you know that mysql 4.1 is not in my ubuntu repository.

I am having problems with perl modules with ubuntu and koha 2.2.9

I think it is because I have installed models from ubuntu package manager.

Is there a list perl modules versions, etc that have been/should be used with koha 2.2.9 ?
What is the recommended .deb version of mysql to use with ubuntu and koha 2.2.9?

2.
I understand that koha was built initially to run on postgresql, but it was slow to connect and did not have full text search.

So I point out that postgresql has release 8.3 beta which has See    http://www.postgresql.org/about/news.872

And that pgpool would certainly improve connection time to databases and seem to has some fallback features.
See http://pgpool.projects.postgresql.org/pgpool-II/en/

So when I get my koha running on ubuntu I will have a go at running it on postgresql.

Thanks for all the work you guys are doing.

Simon

PS - I use the term guys to address both female and male persons.