koha-devel

Re: [Koha-devel] Issuing rules

From: Ernesto Silva
Subject: Re: [Koha-devel] Issuing rules
Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2007 12:44:10 -0200

Thanks Joshua,
in the following days I'll try to connect to the GIT repository and upload our code so anyone can use it.

Best regards,

--
Ernesto Silva.
Coordinador de Desarrollo Web y Sistemas Abiertos

Joshua M. Ferraro wrote:
Hi Ernesto,

Thanks for giving us some indication about your preferences for
issuing rules, and also the information about what you've developed
inhouse. Now that the official Koha project runs Git, it will be much
easier for your team to contribute select features, and also manage
a local repo that can be synchronized with the main Koha repo (it's
the main reason we switched to a distributed version control system).

Just in case you haven't seen these links:

Instructions on how to use Git
http://wiki.koha.org/doku.php?id=en:development:git_usage

Git repo for the 3.0 release
http://git.koha.org

Git allows us to take advantage of some powerful tools for merging
'branches' of Koha ... it gives you the opportunity to share things
very easily, and for us to ingest them into the main Koha repo ...
it'd be well worth the time to learn how it works before our
codebases get too divergent. In fact, I think the main reason we
weren't able to integrate your code into this release was not
because we weren't interested in it, it was because we simply didn't
have time to hunt and peck through it and figure out what has
changed.

As always, we're available any time on the #koha channel on IRC if
you'd like to discuss anything in real time.

Cheers,