koha-devel

[Koha-devel] Preposed sql script filename change

From: Chris Nighswonger
Subject: [Koha-devel] Preposed sql script filename change
Date: Thu, 8 Nov 2007 16:20:40 -0500

Hi all,

  I have been working on porting Koha to run over PostgreSQL. (We run
Postgres on our backside with several apps currently and will be
adding others, so you know something of my motive here.)

  In the process of the port, I have needed to distinguish between sql
files for MySQL and PostgreSQL. I have been doing this by renaming sql
files after this method:

foo_mysql.sql
foo_pg.sql

This allows me to do things like '~ /_mysql\.sql/' etc. and import the
correct flavor of sql.

Since such a change would require cooperation, I thought I would
submit it here to see what others think.

I have no corner on the market, and I'm certainly open to anything
that works with relative ease.

--
Chris Nighswonger
Faculty Member