koha-devel

Re: [Koha-devel] Issues for README.txt and Makefile.PL

From: Joshua Ferraro
Subject: Re: [Koha-devel] Issues for README.txt and Makefile.PL
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2007 08:33:48 -0500

On 11/26/07, MJ Ray <address@hidden> wrote:
> Bünzli Daniel <address@hidden> wrote:
> > Le 26 nov. 07 à 12:42, MJ Ray a écrit :
> > > Rewrite rules would add extra requirements for Koha hosting.  Not sure
> > > whether that's a problem or not.
> >
> > I think it would actually make it easier to host Koha. For example my
> > hosting company won't let me fiddle with .conf files and virtual hosts
> > but it does allow me to have rewrite rules in .htaccess files [...]
>
> Does anyone know a good comparison/listing which shows how common
> these features are?  Also, Options +ExecCGI and the SetEnv in a
> .htaccess and a little care with permissions may be a better default
> config than ScriptAlias in koha-httpd.conf.
>
> I'm not sure about the non-VirtualHost things.  I think someone was
> working on that, with directories instead of hosts, but I don't know
> current status.  Anyone?
I don't see any reason to change the current practice. However, remember
that by default, the koha-httpd.conf uses mod-rewrite to do some query
string rewriting ( to shorten the URI). It's important that folks know to
enable that in their Apache.

Cheers,

address@hidden |Full Demos at http://liblime.com/koha |1(888)KohaILS