koha-devel

[Koha-devel] Amazon webservices (legal issues)

From: Paul POULAIN
Subject: [Koha-devel] Amazon webservices (legal issues)
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2007 16:34:31 +0100

Hello all,

I've continued to read carefully the contract and have seen, in Amazon E-Commerce Serviceā„¢ (Amazon ECS), section 5.1.3.

" You are not permitted to use Amazon ECS with any Application or for any use that does not have, as its principal purpose, driving traffic to the Amazon Website and driving sales of products and services on the Amazon Website."

We are clearly not "driving traffic to the amazon website as principal purpose"

Isn't this a caveat for us ? does someone have ask Amazon about this specific topic ? With my subscription, i've specified it was for testing koha, that is a software for libraries, that will use amazon services to provide a better experience to their customers" (or something like that, it's not a copy/paste of what I wrote)
--
Paul POULAIN
BibLibre SARL