koha-devel

Re: [Koha-devel] PERL5LIB question

From: MJ Ray
Subject: Re: [Koha-devel] PERL5LIB question
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2007 14:07:47 +0000

"Ignacio Javier" <address@hidden> wrote:
> Just a doubt: where is supposed to point PERL5LIB, perl libraries directory,
> that is:

If you install koha into one of the default (File Hierarchy Standard)
locations, with no PREFIX, no INST_... variables set, then you should
not need to set PERL5LIB for koha-3.00.  This should make it more
convenient to run the admin command-line scripts, too.

[...]
> The indications that led me to confusion are at:
> http://wiki.koha.org/doku.php?id=22_to_30&s=perl5lib

That seems to be written by people who install koha into a non-FHS
location, as well as using the CPAN shell instead of debian packages.
Maybe heupink and tipaul can explain why they do that and/or edit the
page to mention those oddities.

Best wishes,