koha-devel

RE: [Koha-devel] koha 3 installation, some battles won, but warseems los

From: Michael Hafen
Subject: RE: [Koha-devel] koha 3 installation, some battles won, but warseems lost still...
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2007 11:25:56 -0700

This gets ugly.

When I install to a location other than default most config stuff for
zebra and koha, especially paths, are wrong.  I have to fix them.
Mostly it's just the paths, the only exception is the database stuff at
the bottom of koha-conf.xml.  The user, pass, and database I have to set
to the right value.

The other problem I find is the SQL scripts don't get installed by `make
install` so I have to copy them into the right place for install.pl to
find them.

I suspect that most of this is because I have installed to a location
other than the default.  The rest will probably be fixed with the work
that is being done on the install scripts.